Blog Archive

Saturday, January 7, 2017

My first blog post!

Hello, hello, hello!


If you are reading this, the odds are that you already know something about my little ocean dwelling friends.
If you don't this is the post to keep reading.

My name is Nancy, and I'm 28. I live in Kentucky and I make octopus, whales, dolls, and random things by crochet.
Basically, I take yarn and a hook and fashion it into something that looks like something! More often than not, a sea creature just because they're cute.

Who wouldn't want a cuddly octopus in their house!? How could you resist a little dude (or dudette) like this?



Or these!?



My mom taught me how to crochet many years ago, but I wasn't interested at the time and nothing came of it.

One day several years back, I got bored and decided I wanted to crochet a scarf. I ended up scrapping that idea because I worked a lot at the time and could not concentrate enough to finish it.

I decided to make my sister a hat instead. The hat got to be the size of Canada and was anything but round.
I unraveled it, threw it out, and put my hooks away for years. FRUSTRATION.

About a year ago, I was not working and decided to make a blanket. This time, I was very careful and driven. No distractions, plenty of time to be lazy. So I did, and here we are. It's a scrap blanket that fits a queen sized bed.

If you look closely, there are some octopus guts on the top right and an evil cat called Wednesday Bigglesworth. She likes to "help" when I have my yarn out.



I like to do several things at one time, so I taught myself how to crochet in the round. I think my way of doing it may not be the typical way, but it gets the job done. :) Crocheting in the round is vital to make octos, whales,squids. Pretty much anything that is shaped or multi-dimensional. My first tutorial will be how to do a "magic ring", which is how I start my rounds.

Anyway, this will be my page to share some cute pictures of what I'm working on, tutorials on how to crochet or work on a small project, octopus facts, memes, etc. You can let me know what you would like to see in different ways depending on where you choose to haunt the internet.

I have a Facebook page, Etsy shop, Patreon, and will be opening a Youtube channel shortly. Feel free to browse my links and share with your friends!

Unfortunately, I do not have a Twitter, Instagram, or anything "modern" for right now.

I'm 28, which would be considered geriatric in some of those circles. But, if you reaaaaaally wanted me to... I could think about it. :)

If you have questions, just contact me here or through any of my links and I will respond quickly.


Octo on,
Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment