Blog Archive

Friday, February 2, 2018

Long time no see

Hey guys!
I know it's been a long time since I have been in touch on here. This whole entry will be long and boring, though I feel like I should explain a little about the time I spent away.

❤ Where have I been?

I had applied for a job back in November of 2016, forgot about it, then was contacted in January of 2017. I ended up getting the job and started in April. The job has a lot of overtime requirements to keep up with. :( This means I don't have a lot of free time.
I started off as being a scanner. I would scan in tracking codes for electronic file conversion on a government contract. It sounds better than it is, I promise haha.
Anyway. that part ended and I was moved to a more physical job of unpacking and assembling paperwork to physical medical files. I kept up for a while, then that ran out and we were then working on cleaning and repairing the building. Painting, spackling, sanding, pulling tape from floors, etc.
This was a strain on me physically because I have scoliosis and degenerative disc disease. Every day I am seeing some form of pain, and this limits what I can do day to day.
However, I tried my best to keep up because I am thankful to have a job.
Overdoing things that I am not supposed to be doing caused me to lose some mobility in one of my hands and a lot of pain and numbness. I'm unsure as to what the problem is, but I am not able to crochet right now. I wear a brace on the bad days and take OTC pain relievers.
At that point, I gave up and asked for something else.  My new job is less physical, but fast paced.
I have not tried to work with my crochet because I am afraid that I will be unable to grip the hook for a certain amount of time.
The whole thing really puts me in a mood because crochet is my coping mechanism. I do it to keep me busy and calm.
I struggle with anxiety and depression, and putting the negative thoughts into a small project or plushie was the one thing I found that could help me that didn't involve some kind of synthetic drug.
Without it, I'm all over the place.
I don't want or need people to feel sorry for me. I know I will make it one way or another, and I am not done forever! :)
Also, Etsy has changed a lot.
The site itself is tinkering with various layout changes, so it's hard to keep up when your time is limited. The fees have risen for no reason and seller protection is just not there.
For example, a person put in an order, requested to have it cancelled, then changed his mind and wanted me to reopen the cancellation/refund. It wouldn't let me do that as the refund had been processed and the order was closed out.
He was going to make the new order, then changed his mind AGAIN and said he didn't want to reorder and spend more money. ??? To me it seemed like he was trying to pull something over on me.
In any case, it cost me $24.00 in fees. Frustrating to say the least.

What do you all want to see from me? I make earrings, so I can take some pictures of them if you would be interested in that. I've been playing with the idea of making mini journals with homemade paper, but time wise it would be a stretch. We'll see!

I'm unsure if people read this, but if you do, make sure you leave me a comment.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment